Since we ship hundreds of thousands of pieces of luggage around the world every year, we like to think of ourselves as luggage experts. Many of our clients pack for extended periods of vacation – often time a week or two – and many of our clients are also packing for a cruise.
We find that we pack more for a cruise than other vacations. Don’t you agree? Over the years, we have accumulated a few tips for the best way to pack your luggage. Luckily, if you use our cruise luggage shipping service, you don’t have to pack lightly. However we do have a few cruise packing tips for making sure it’s done efficiently:
- Roll clothes. Yes, we know this is everyone’s #1 tip, but it’s because it truly works. You can fit twice as many articles of clothing in your suitcase when you do this method.
- In the inside or outside pocket, stash a few extra plastic bags. They are always needed, whether you have a wet bathing suit you need to pack up or dirty shoes.
- Place shoes in the bottom of your suitcase. Since they will likely be one of the heaviest items you pack, don’t put them near the top and crush everything below it.
- If your cruise has formal nights, fold your blazer or suit jacket inside out before folding it and placing it in your luggage – it will prevent wrinkles.
- If you want to pack small pieces of jewelry, place them into a pill case compartment and you won’t have to worry about them getting tangled.
- If you ever dry clean clothes at home, save the plastic bags and put them around articles of clothing you don’t want to get wrinkled. You can then roll these items while the bag is around them.
- If you are taking a cold weather cruise to places such as Alaska, Sweden, Finland, etc., place all of your socks into your boots or shoes to save room. If you can, try wearing your heaviest boots and jackets on the plane as well so you can pack more stuff in your suitcase.
- Split your suitcase up into grids mentally and pick a spot for each group of clothing. For example, all jeans go in the bottom right corner, all dresses go in the top right corner, sweaters in the bottom left, etc. That way you always know where to find specific articles of clothing and you don’t have to root around in your bag.
- Last, but certainly not least, use our cruise ship luggage delivery service! We will pick up your bags at your home and deliver them directly to your stateroom. It’s convenient, reliable and affordable.
Book a luggage shipment to your cruise here!